Sunday, July 13, 2008

This is still my HOOD


So this Saturday I just chilled, I hung out with my sister and kicked it in my old neighborhood where I grew up. I caught myself reminiscing about my times growing up, and the summers spent running the streets with my friends as a child. With life moving so fast, and racing to do better and better, you sometimes lose sight of the beauty of simplicity. The families that I grew up around, that could call my mom when I acted up are still moving about, with new members. A whole new group of kids run the area, doing all the same things we did but assuming they are the first kids to do the same, made up handshakes, basketball with a square box on a wall as the hoop, etc. I caught myself saying hello to people I didn't know like I was the ambassador of my family, as they walked by the porch.

All in all it was a good time, and made me realize that it's my responsibility to keep that connection no matter where I end up in life..... Because it's still my hood!

My Hood - Joe Buddens

1 comment:

Streetz said...

I miss my hood too... good times my dude!